Tuesday 4 February 2014

17. TEST SHOTS

Below are the test shots I have taken with my model (Oke) that will be the basis for my actual magazine idea. I aim to style him differently - in all black, with some jewellery as well. The clothing used in these shots were very spontaneous however I stuck to my shot list and got a basic idea of lighting. I included major aspects of mis-en-scene for a magazine from the Hip-Hop genre (a gold watch) as it is a very stereotypical aspect of the genre and also crucial for the observation made my readers who would expect this from an artist. Even though Oke did not have the exact outfit I needed for the vision I had for the cover, I also made use of accessories that i could find such as a gold ring as it is also a convention of the Hip-Hop genre. I also decided to include a Parker coat, the fur gave a very luxurious amount of detailing to the model and the magazine as stereo-typically the artists from this genre are very wealthy. However with my real shots i will not included these colours or very stereotypical pieces due to the fact that my artist is one that is very fashion forward and therefore would have a more abstract  style incorporating a lot of black into it also much like ASAP Rocky who is the influence for my artist.


 (potential front cover image)

 (potential double page spread image)

 (potential contents page image)

Below are all of the test shots I took with my model. All of the images I took inside of the studio with basic lighting on both sides of the model at some points i did actually move the lighting just to see exactly what the mage would look like under a darker more naturally lighted backdrop however these did not come out as well as images with brighter lighting.



















FOCUS


This is very important and below you can see the difference between  lack of focus and a large amount of focus. I know that when taking photos for my actual magazine I will have to ensure that the focus is correctly applied to each image.

No comments:

Post a Comment