Wednesday 26 February 2014

24. MASTHEAD/FONT DECISIONS

These are the different font sizes I had to choose out of when deciding on what size would be best for my masthead. I had already decided that 'Dolce Vita' would be best for the image i wanted for my masthead.The first two I felt looked too thin for the look i was going for, i felt the thickness of the text really made a huge difference to how effective the masthead would be and I didn't want my masthead to cause the effect of my magazine to fail. I felt some of the other fonts would be too much for the masthead as I wanted the artist to be the main attraction on the front cover. I chose a masthead text that reminded me slightly of 'XXL' however was very differen as I didn't want it to be a dead stamp of the magazine. The colour scheme and masthead is very different from that red colour that is used on the original XXL masthead. Instead i chose to use a gold because of the use of gold in the models' chain, I thought it would be a great effect.My masthead position has not changed from what I originally wanted it to be, as I  wanted most focus to direct to the artist but after playing around with the image and masthead.Below are the steps I took to finally get myself to the design I was happiest with , using a gold from the models' chain as the colour for the masthead. i chose to use a navy colour on the box behind the masthead just to elevate it off the page - therefore I chose not to use a drop shadow on the text because of the contrast of the two colours. This was a great idea because of the attention it demands from the reader but it does not over shadow the models image at all.Originally I was going to have a plain white text, and a red background box, to aid contrast of the text, because in my moodboard I realised that there was a large amount of red used in these magazine but something unconventional is sometimes more interesting.




No comments:

Post a Comment