Wednesday 26 February 2014

25. FEATURES ON A FRONT COVER

These are my chosen features that were developed off of my original idea on my flat plan, I decided to include these as they relate strongly to my magazine genre by including artists from this particular genre. These features will also appeal to those that are fans of this genre because of each artists' likability and amount of celebrity. My focus group members all agreed that they are more likely to pick up a magazine with an artist that they know, or like on the front. However as my brief would not allow me to create a magazine with an artist in the public eye I thought that referencing many of the top artists at the moment in feature form would be a good idea to attract their fans, Kanye West etc are well known artists from this genre. My original flat plan ides for my features included artists like 'Beyonce' and 'Rihanna', however these artists suit best on a pop/r&b magazine due to their style of music and the target audience they appeal to. My magazine is a combination between a Hip-Hop and fashion magazine, therefore I realized that my target audience may not understand as to why they are present. 

The First feature has a list of the most famous artist at the moment, 'A$AP ROCKY, KENDRICK LAMAR, JAY-Z, DRAKE, KANYE WEST, 2 CHAINZ, RICK ROSS, PUSHA T' this makes it very clear to any reader that the genre of this magazine is Hip-Hop. 

Feature two is connected to the feature above because all of the artist above were up for Grammy awards this year, or should have been nominated in this article I will be talking about 'who really deserved the Grammy' according to members of the public because this is a music magazine, and of the Hip-Hop genre music awards shows relate to the magazine, but along with that the genre of each artist is specific to this magazine as they are Hip-Hop artists. 

Below that feature is an exclusive interview with Drake, who is currently on tour and the name of his tour being 'Would you like a tour' let's readers know that this article may be about his tour, a lot of Hip-Hop fans go to concerts of artists like Drake and furthermore he will be making his tour accessible to UK fans very soon, there for this article will appeal to those who want to know what to expect from this tour.

Across from this feature I have included a unconventional feature, this advertises the SS14 release of KTZ, which is a fashion brand infamously worn by many members of the Hip-Hop community e.g kanye West, Wiz Khalifa, A$AP Rocky etc. This may also introduce fans of the genre to this company but also it is in close relation to the genre on this magazine. fashion is strongly related to the Hip-Hop genre because of the amount of artists that go into fashion and also keep up with the current trends. Those in my target group will be interested in this feature because the age range is very impressionable and very influenced by fashion.

The feature below is also connected to fashion in regards to the Hip-Hop industry and genre, many artists battle for well-dressed in the Hip-Hop world and as it links well to the feature above, I thought it'd be a good idea to include.

The last feature on the magazine's right column is 'Kendrick Lamar, future world domination', I needed to have a feature that would appeal to those that did/didn't like the genre and by including a very well-rounded artists I managed to do so. Kendrick is an artist that crosses genres therefore he would appeal to all, this is the reason why I chose to attach the quote 'FUTURE WORLD DOMINATION' as he is an amazing artist from the Hip-Hop genre that manages to appeal to a large audience.

I chose to ensure that the most important parts of the features were made larger in size to encourage the reader to pay the most attention to these in particular. Some of the text is gold or black, I did this just to allow the text to appear to come of the page and grab the readers attention which is always very important when aiming to appeal to consumers. there is a gold box/background behind certain features depending on the features positioning as a way for them to be visually more appealing that the regular feature on the plain white background. This when would allow the shadow on the main image to be less apparent because of the use of grey which goes well with my colour scheme of black, navy, gold.



No comments:

Post a Comment