Monday 24 February 2014

21. FINDINGS/ANALYSIS OF RESULTS

Below I will show the results of my market research answers of the questions I asked to my target audience. I will be able to create a music magazine based on these results. The outcome is that my music magazine genre will be Hip-Hop, the main focus on my front cover will be the artist, the colours and the layout of the magazine. The layout will be very simple with little images and more text, the text will be on the sides of the magazine. 

 
This question was the most important question to ask those that took part in my survey because if they did not read music magazines, it would be very difficult to further ask questions. However if they did not, I would be able to find out what it was that would encourage them to do so.

This question allowed me to work out who in my target audience was most likely to purchase music magazines and how often. The regularity of someones purchases is very important when thinking about making a music magazine because you need to make sure it is something that buyers will really want yo buy in a specific time frame. 'Weekly' was the most common therefore I need to ensure that my magazine is released regularly and to a high standard each week.

The majority of individuals were only willing to spend £1-2 pounds on the music magazine, this gives me an idea that those that were in my target audience needed something that was of a good quality to read but also of a cheaper price range. The results obviously show me that there is a large amount of people who would prefer for a magazine of my genre to be on the cheaper side, because of it's regularity. 

From this particular question I was able to judge what genre of magazine is most popular among my peers and therefore I will aim to cater to these people. My genre of choice is also hip-Hop therefore it would have been in my best interest to produce a magazine that I would be able to apply to my peers, because of my personal knowledge and passion. it was also important to see what genres the rest of my target audience were interested however I limited my options to just 3 genres of choice because of my personal knowledge about these chosen genres. I obviously had to ensure that my peers knew/had an interest in these genres before using them in the survey otherwise this would not have been successful. I asked a large group if they were the genres they knew about and is so i included individuals who answered 'yes'. Therefore i was able to use these people in my survey and from this I got the basic idea that most individuals listened to 'Hip-Hop' more than any other genre, this encouraged me to make this type of magazine,

The layout choice of my peers was very important to me as this would be what I judged my final magazine on and therefore I would be able to get a basic idea of what was the most appealing to my audience.

With this question, I was able to clearly understand what exactly it was that attracted my peers to a magazine of their choice, from any particular genre and they all agreed that 'the artist' was crucial to the way they felt about a particular magazine issue. I personally agree that the artist on the front is crucial to attracting an individual to each and every cover. therefore I will ensure that my cover included an artist that will attract each reader to the magazine and therefore the mis-en-scene will be well suited to the genre chosen which is a crucial part of attraction.
Contents included in the magazine will help me get a basic idea of what readers prefer in regards to contents. This will give me a basic idea of what I should place on my contents. I can see from my survey that new music is very important to each magazine - as it is a music magazine readers would expect this to be included as a element on interest.
This question aimed at my target audience was crucial to getting a basic idea as to what my peers were attracted to on a magazine cover. This basically gives me free reign to work out what colour scheme I want to use, however I should have included colour options as a way to recognise which colours were best to apply to the cover, however with whatever image I pick I will be able to judge what colour scheme is best. My artists clothes were blue therefore will be included on the cover and gold as well because of the chain the artist wears.

This last question was a personal one , just to get an idea of how regularly a music magazine 'should' be released according to my peers - 'weekly' was the frequency of choice therefore I will ensure that my magazine is released weekly to appeal to the request of my peers.

No comments:

Post a Comment