Saturday 22 February 2014

20. FLAT PLAN FEEDBACK

Cover
Theodore -
Instead of having so many features around the main image; you could make some of the most important ones bigger.
I like the overlay of text on top on the main image.
I like the way you've included the bleeds text on the flat plan.
I dislike that there is no detailing on the drawing of the artist, I would have expected there to be some on the flat plan.

Aaron -
The layout of the cover is brilliant, I really like it a lot.
The features on the front cover are very realistic, and I also like that there is an 'inside exclusive' as well.
I don't see the point of the fashion aspect, if it's a music magazine why does it have fashion included?
The image creates an effect in the readers mind, however he should have key facial features...
You need to remember to direct people to the particular pages, you did it for one but not the others..

Natalie-
I like the simplisticness of the cover, however I like a cover with at least a bit of cover - There's none here.
You have a R&B artistt on the front of the magazine, however this is supposed to be a Hip-Hop magazine.

Vicky -
The draft image you've used is well drawn , and shows the correct proportions aswell.
The mast head is well suited to the genre!

Rhean -
You've done a good job with creating the name for you artist, it really makes it more realistic
The Masthead colour is my favourite, however the text used for the features is not what I would have imagined a magazine of this genre to be.

Contents page

Theodore - 
I think I see the beginnings of a colour scheme here, however the lack of colour makes it a little plain

Aaron - I like the layout, there's a nice balance between images and text - I would like more colour though

Natalie - The contents reminds me a lot of an 'XXL' magazine contents, I love it

Vicky -The contents comes across very plain which I like, but I definitely need colour to be incorporated throughout

Rhean - I like that you have stuck to the theme of the cover and included images as well as text

I have taken into consideration all that has been said by members of my peer group, I will aim to find a better suited colour scheme which will be placed on my final flat plan.



No comments:

Post a Comment