Friday 28 February 2014

29. FRONT COVER LINKED TO RESEARCH

From the research results that I got, I have gone with the preferred colour scheme however have improved it as well. The colours I decided on were black, navy, grey, white and gold. My target audience requested ‘simple and plain’ colours however I added in the gold as well as it ties in with the genre.

From the research results, most people said their favourite genre of music was Hip-Hop. When i first started my magazine I wanted to try do a Hip- R&B magazine which is where I would've incorporated the Hip-Hop genre and R&B genre together but pretty early on I decided to just make a Hip-Hop genre magazine. I feel as though the front cover shows evidence that the genre is Hip-Hop. The gold jewellery represent what a typical Hip-Hop artist would wear. I took the colour from the chain and put that on my masthead. The colour gold represents wealth, success, achievement and triumph. These are all representative of who she is, achieving success and triumphing despite struggles she has faced. Along with that my artist has a very blank facial expression, this represents a sense of arrogance and assertiveness all thing that within this genre are represented.

A question that I asked in my questionnaire was 'what would most attract you to a music magazine cover'. Most of the target audience answered the artist on the front cover, I made sure my artist was doing angle of gaze so that it felt as if she was engaging with readers.I refrained from chaging anything on the artists face just because i felt it would not have been an honest representation of them if I had done so. With this I believe I could reach a wider audience because of the honesty of my artists’ depiction.
My price range was clear due to the question I asked my target audience on how much they will be willing to spend on my magazine, I set it at a higher price between the £1-2 bracket because I believe my magazine is of a higher quality.

No comments:

Post a Comment