Monday 24 February 2014

23. SHOTS TAKEN/MIS-EN-SCENE





















































































































The mis-en-scene in these photos are very clear conventions of the genre specific magazine. The most obvious mis-en-scene example has to be the use of the three gold chains around my model's neck. Above you can see there is a range of images that may be chosen for the front cover of my magazine, I focused on including the stereotypical conventions of a rapper, with a little twist due to the models style and taste in clothes. However the models taste in clothes, works well with my magazine cover because of the urban vibe I wanted to give off, originally I wanted him in all black but with the navy accents on his jacket, it gave me a potentially well ranged colour scheme which I originally did not have before taking the images. Originally the use of jewelry was not as important in my test shots, however I realized for my  cover and to aid readers to recognize the genre i would need to include a chain, and maybe of a larger size too - it was a bonus that I could find three very thick ones. Due to my magazines light urban influence I based my artists' style loosely on both Big Sean and A$AP Rocky, however the term 'lightly' does apply here due to what the model owned in his closet but I do still think that the outfit suits my genre, the chains basically save this from looking like a regular magazine that is not gender specific.

No comments:

Post a Comment