Friday 28 February 2014

27. FINAL FRONT COVER

This is my final front cover. I created this using Photoshop and included all elements that a professional magazine would include: masthead, pull quote, tagline graphics, bar code, price and sale lines. Looking back at the steps that I have taken to create this music magazine, I can see how I've made the right decision to change the colour scheme, and less features that I had planned due to the fact that they were not genre appropriate or appropriate for my target audience.

Getting rid of my features referencing ‘female pop and r&b artists’ helped my music magazine front cover stand out as the features are things that would interest my target audience. I prefer the navy, lack, grey, gold and whit colour scheme to my original one which was based off of a XXL cover. Everything links in with my artist so it's easy to see where the colour scheme comes from.

I originally wanted to incorporate both Hip-Hop and R&B into the magazine as there are not any which do this to a high standard. I changed my idea to it being just a Hip-Hop magazine; I found it was easier to find other magazines which I could compare it to and because of my love for the genre would be able to produce something of a very high standard.

I am pleased with how my front cover turned out. How the front cover looks is different to how I thought it would look. I took inspiration from XXL magazine which I feel is shown in my music magazine. The layout of the rest of my magazine will be based on this magazine also.

No comments:

Post a Comment