Monday 24 March 2014

Q7. LOOKING BACK AT YOUR PRELIMINARY TASK, WHAT DO YOU FEEL YOU HAVE LEARNT IN THE PROGRESSION FROM IT TO THE FULL PRODUCT?

PRELIMINARY TASK-


FINAL -
















I feel as though I have learnt so much, and I truly believe that the construction of this final product has given me a new outlook on the attention to detail needed in the construction of any type of product.
               
The layout of my prelim is, if I am honest very weak, and looks like a lack of time has been put into the construction of this piece. I ensured that when constructing my final product, that a Flat Plan was done which acted as a plan for the layout of every single detail, this helped me to structure my magazine in a professional fashion that meant that when readers would see my product they would be able to identify all the aspects that would be necessary for the product to be sold on the shelves. A realistic design and appearance is something that my preliminary did not have, and it does not have the ‘wow factor’ that you would expect from a magazine that should be widely publicised around schools. My final product however gives off the feel that it could be sold on a shelf, that there is something to be interested by and also that the concept several social groups can find appealing.

The quality of the images used on the magazine are very different, even though taken with the same camera, the prelim cover’s image is not as effective as the Final image as no lighting was taken into consideration and therefore the image appears to only look like an image of low quality. This takes a lot away from the magazine, the quality of the image makes it looks very professional and inviting, the only reason I would pick up my own prelim magazine, would be because it was free. The Final product however uses an appealing image that attracts readers in automatically because of the effects added to each image on each page and also the quality of the shot. Although the pictures used on both magazines fit in well with the magazines theme, the music magazine cover photo actually took a lot more time, effort and planning as I had done much more research into the typical codes and conventions expected in an Hip-Hop magazine whereas in the educational magazine photograph, even though the picture turned out quite well there was no direction, little planning and a vague idea as to how the pictures where going to turn out.

I focused closely on conventions of the Hip-Hop magazine I was constructing and ensured that it included features of a Hip-Hop nature that would encourage a social group from a similar background as the main artist to want to buy it, but also others too. In the construction of my Final, I did some market research – which is something I did not do when constructing my Preliminary Product – this would have given me an insight as to what my readers would have preferred, as they would be the ones buying it, much like what I did in the construction of my Final Product. I spoke to a group of my peers during both tasks, however feedback was a lot more detailed and consistent in each of the separate pages constructed on my Final Product, this was not so on my Preliminary Product.


No comments:

Post a Comment