Monday 10 March 2014

41. COVER PAGE RELATING TO RESEARCH





I chose to base my contents page on this XXL cover with Soulja Boy and 50 Cent on it because it consisted of all the conventions that most Hip-Hop magazines consist of and mis-en-scene as well. The magazine involves a constant use of the cover page image which we know are the main artists, so with my magazine I did this also on my contents page. However because I wanted to include a range of images on my contents page I also added a two shot which would then relate to fashion due to the mis-en-scene of the dark clothing which is a current trend in fashion at the moment but also related to the musical aspect as many artist are known for wearing all black. The image on the XXL contents page is very interesting and has a lot of levels to it due to the poses of the two artists, their jewelry and also their facial expressions. I wanted to incorporate this into my magazine by using more that one image that would get the readers attention as soon as the turn the page - as the main issue artist is included along with two new individuals they may not be able to identify. I took a lot of inspiration from the cover in regards to layout of text boxes behind text to make them stand out more and the decision of where I would place it. The layout of the graphics on the contents page are crucial when deciding on how effective the layout will be , therefore I chose to stick to the basic layout of the XXL issue. I also really like the way that the text just looked like it fell down the page, so i adopted this in my contents page as well as the readers eyes will automatically just follow it.

No comments:

Post a Comment