Sunday 19 January 2014

5. RESEARCH RATIONALE

I have a large amount of access to people in the young adult age group, because I am an Alevel student in constant contact with those in the age bracket (15-19) and therefore I believe that they will be better suited to take part in my focus groups, and one-on-one interview that I will undertake when undertaking audience research. Gaining audience date and opinions will aid me to make an informed decision i.e what will appeal to your target audience. I aim to conduct a total of 2 focus groups and all conduct one on one interview with individuals inside/outside of my age bracket so that I can have a rage of opinions and data, I aim to have a well balanced amount of information that will then aid my magazine construction. The interest of those in the age group i have chosen to involve is very important.The resources I will need will obviously be a camera, computer and potentially a YouTube channel to save my videos on as a good way to make them accessible to the masses. I aim to set up online surveys; this will act as my quantitive data and this way I will ask questions that will give me a basic understanding of what readers of my magazine would want. I will also conduct investigations – focus group and direct interviews as well will act as my qualitative data as I need to gather as much information from these. I will ensure I conduct key questions that will allow me to gather as much information as possible. I have chosen these particular ways to conduct research as I believe they are the best ways to do so. I will ensure that those I interview in my focus groups, interviews and surveys are those that have an interest in the genre to be produced for my magazine.

No comments:

Post a Comment