Friday 17 January 2014

4. MAGAZINE COVER RESEARCH

































Originally I believed that this magazine was the best, however there are clear issues that can be highlighted that I initially did not recognize. I realized that this magazine is not as professional as the other magazines with a more clean and focused look.The main image is not a close up and therefore the details in the background become focused on by the reader. However the quality of the main image may not be the best, it is better fitted for what may be a style magazine. This is somethign I would like to incorporate in my own magazine, even though this is very unconventional. A current trend in a lot of Hip-Hop magazines and artists are the incorporation of urban fashion into magazine and album covers - something I hope to do in my Hip-Hop magazine.

1 comment:

  1. Sharna - you must deconstruct the three magazines you have print screened - just putting them on your page is not enough. Please add to this by explaining your reasons for picking them (over others) and then explore how the conventions have been used. Finally always end your blog post with some explanation of where you plan to take this information in terms of the media texts you're going to produce.

    ReplyDelete