Tuesday 28 January 2014

10. HIP-HOP MAGAZINE MOODBOARD


With the magazine I have selected for my moodboard on Hip Hop I can see that trends on most of the magazines from the particular genre incorporate red quite a lot as this is a very bright primary colour that can be used to represent both romance and danger, and the genre is normally affiliated with violence and a very violent/angry lifestyle this would easily be identified with this genre. therefore I will ensure that this aspect of my cover will be included. 

Another convention of a the Hip-Hop genre is jewellery and we can see that they include a lot of tattoos as well, this may be included into my cover however not all of the rap artists have tattoos so I will not have to include this. However fashion has become a huge aspect of the Hip-Hop culture we recognise and more and more artists are becoming more involved in the fashion world so i will make sure I incorporate current fashions into my cover artists dress. Without this aspect the artist may be hard to recognise.

All magazines from this genre include artists from the particular genre, most are male dominated because the genre is however females are not rare on Hip-Hop covers because of the male audiences they appeal to. Most of their poses are very similar, and also have stern faces as well which attract but also intimidate readers into potentially picking up an issue.

No comments:

Post a Comment